Sunday, July 12, 2009

And I'm on my knees, looking for the answer. Are we human, or are we dancers?

I've always thought that I wanted to live on my own. I basically have lived on my own the past two years...yes, I shared an apartment with two girls, but we had nothing in common, so I just chilled by myself in my room 99% of the time.

My parents have been in Holland the past couple days helping my sister and her family move, so I've had their house to myself. I thought they were just going to be gone for one night, but I'm on my third night in a row by myself. Eating whatever I want has been great..minus the fact that it's involved take out quite a bit because I've had no energy to cook when I've gotten home from work. I've been able to watch whatever I want. I Hate Valentines Day, which I was super looking forward to watching was TERRIBLE..ohhhmygosh..awful. Unwrapped, Diners Drive-ins and Dives, and The Holiday have all been awesome, as usual. Also, sleeping on the couch and not getting woken up has been super sweet as well.

However, everything was going great...until it stormed last night. Holy crap do I hate storms. I had no idea it was supposed to storm until I got woken up by super loud thunder, and lightning that was so bright, I kept dreaming that I was taking pictures. I'm hoping tonight the weather doesn't decide to screw me over so that I can get a little bit of sleep.

I've slept on the couch because a) I love it, and b) I've decided that I need to be able to hear if someone is breaking into the house. This whole sudden panic about weird noises and intruders makes me feel like living on my own isn't going to be in my future anytime soon.

1 comment:

stacy marie said...

I hated having an apartment to myself! Oh.my.gosh. I would strategically place weapons throughout the house to ensure that no matter what room I was getting murdered in there would always be some random butter knife to back me up. Yea. I know how to do it up good, LOL. And why was the Valentines movie terrible?? you have me all curious now! Anyways, you'll be great by yourself I'm sure! And also, even if you have a place to yourself, you could totally get a doggy and that would be a companion/body guard! And they're so cute.