Monday, December 21, 2009
I'm sorry. I am probably the worlds worst present wrapper. I will be the first to admit it. However, you're going to just have to deal with it because Lindsey and Ryan's gifts for you will go unwrapped unless I wrap them. Since Lindsey specifically asked me to wrap them, I'm going to make an attempt to do at least half as good of a job as she normally does. Don't expect any fancy bows or tags. Expect too much tape, and too much wrapping paper that is probably crooked and at least partially ripped. Oh..and you're going to have your presents in as few of boxes as possible because we have to get all these presents to fit into Linds' tiny room. Just a little warning. They are pretty awesome gifts though..I'm jealous.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Please pray for my sister Lindsey. Her water broke late Thursday night, and she is only 22 weeks pregnant. One major goal of hers was to make it 48 hours without delivering, and at 11:40 last night, she passed that goal. The next goal is to make it to 23 weeks. That will be on Tuesday. The baby's heartbeat is still really strong, and he's constantly moving, like always. Pray that Evan continues to grow stronger while he's in his momma's belly. Lindsey is on complete bed rest until she goes into labor, which everyone is hoping won't be for at least 4 more weeks. I am unfortunately still way too sick to be around her, so I've been designated as Diesel's babysitter. We mostly just watch movies and nap...two of my favorite things :). I'll try and keep this updated as much as possible as I know that Lindsey and Ryan have friends/family that don't have facebook and want updates on how she's doing. Right now though, we're all just taking things one day at a time.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Please keep me in your thoughts this week and next as I'm frantically trying to study//pass my LAST FINALS OF UNDERGRAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
I am thankful for:
…rest, work, light, peace, family, friends, quiet, puppies, warmth, babies, pretty roads, fast food, icons, memories, fragrances, colors, lists, chai lattes, faith, books, music, transportation, art, courage, love, flowers, adventure…
…and a place for it all.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
But instead I'm just sitting in my apartment..working on Physics and Statistics..waiting for my Audiology class at 6. Ew. I took all these pictures but the last one (obviously, because that's me). I want to be back in all of these places. Now.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
101. My middle name is: Ann
100. I was born on: October 15th, 23 years ago.
99. I am really: Tired and sick of doing statistics.
98. My cell phone company is: Alltel, and a piece of crap.
97. My eye color is: Brownish/Greenish/Goldish
96. My shoe size is: seven and a half.
95. My ring size is: unbeknownst to me.
94. My height is: 5’5".
93. I am allergic to: dust.
92. I was born in: the same hospital that my Mom and all my sisters were born in.
91. I live in: a state of perpetual denial.
90. The last book I read: was "Traveling Mercies" and was seriously one of the best books I've ever read. Seriously.
88: One thing you hate about yourself: right now? I wish I liked my hair cut more.
87. My favorite Holiday is: Halloween.
86. The last three cds I bought: Girl Talk. All 3 albums.
85. Last song that made me cry was: "With You in Your Dreams" by Hanson..yep..Hanson.
84. Are you taken or Single: Single. Perpetually single.
83. If your taken, by who?: "you're" not "your". There's nothing I hate more than terrible grammar.
82. Do you like being single/taken?: I don't need to be in a relationship, and I don't need to be single. I just need to be happy.
81. What did you do last night?: Watched 17 Again with my sister and her boyfriend, and then fell asleep watching Top Chef with my Mom. It was a pretty perfect night.
:::::I Do (YES)/Do Not (NO) Believe In:::::
80. Love at first sight? No.
79. Luck? Kind of.
78. Fate? Not really.
77. What do you think of Yourself? This isn’t a yes or no question.
76. Aliens? No.
75. Heaven? Yes.
74. Hell? Yes.
73. Ghosts? No.
72. Horoscopes? No..you can read any "signs" horoscope and feel like it's for you.
71. Soulmates? Maybe.
:::::Which is Better?:::::
70. Hugs or Kisses: Hugs.
69. Drunk or High: Drugs are for thugs.
68. Phone or Online: In person, obviously.
67. Red heads or Black heads? This question is worded so terribly.
69. Blondes or Brunettes: I feel like brunette is a word for a girl. I prefer dark haired over light haired.
68. Hot or Cold: Cold..I absolutely hate being hot.
67. Summer or winter: That little bit in between both..also known as fall or spring.
69. Chocolate or vanilla: I don't like ice cream and I don't like chocolate, so neither.
68. Night or Day: Night.
66. Curly or Straight hair: Straight.
:::::Here’s What I Think About::::
64. Backstabbers: Suck.
63. Parents: I love my parents. They have been there for my sisters and I through so much, and I owe them my life (well..obviously).
::::Last time I:::
62. Went out of town: I drove to Lansing on Friday, then up to Pentwater on Saturday.
61. Had food: My Mom made dinner for my family after Aubrey's baptism today.
60. Saw someone: My roommate just ran out of her room and into the bathroom..it was weird.
59. Cried in front of someone? The night before I left for Hawaii probably..it was really weird..and I was really panicky about the hurricane that was supposed to hit.
58. Grew: I feel like I've been the same height for a really long time..although my Mom asked me if I had grown lately...I hope not. I think I'm too tall.
57. Who is the ditsiest person you know: Thankfully my parents taught me some manners..
56. Who makes you laugh the most? Anyone with funny jokes.
55.The last movie I watched: 17 Again.
54. What I don’t understand is: Physics.
53. The most unsatisfactory answer I’ve ever received is: I'm getting bored with this.
52. Something I will miss when I leave home is: My friends and family. Not the winter though. At all.
51. The thing that I’m looking forward to the most: Being done with school and getting a real, adult, full time job.
50. The thing that I’m not looking forward to is: Having to leave my family bc I'm going to have to get a job out of state.
49. Tomorrow: is going to suuuck. I hate Monday's. Class from 8 am-9 pm. Ew.
48. Today: was nice and relaxing. Until I realized my car battery was dead..that sucked.
47. Next Summer: I hope to not have to have a summer job, but I wouldn't mind working at the BB again.
46. Next Week: is Thanksgiving..probably my second favorite holiday.
45. People call me: Whitney. Whitnasty. Whit. Whitty. Princess. Cousin.
44. The person who knows the most about me is: Brooke.
43. The most difficult thing to do is: Physics.
42. I have gotten a speeding ticket: never.
41. My zodiac sign is: Libra.
40. The first person I talked to today was: Shayna when she told me I had a half hour to get ready for church.
39. First time you had a crush: First grade.
38. The one person who can’t hide things from me: Brooke.
37. Last time someone said something that you were thinking?: Either yesterday or today with one of my sisters.
36. Right now I am talking to: Josh via text because I love texting..haha.
35. What is your dream job: Running my own speech clinic.
34. First job?: Housekeeping. It.was.awful.
33. What do you do in your spare time?: Read. Make lists. Listen to music. Search ridiculous stuff online.
32. I have these pets: None. I really want a really really big dog though.
31. I hope: that I'm not super tired in the morning.
30. The worst sound in the world: Cars crashing..and Nickelback.
29. The person that makes me cry the most is: Obviously not worth crying over.
28. My boy/girlfriend is: Non existent.
27. Florida or Hawaii: Hawaii. Hands.down.
26. My favorite piece of clothing is: My dress I got for my birthday. Or my Miss Me jeans.
25. My favorite sport is: Baseball.
24. Last time I cried: This summer.
23. My friends are: amazing.
22. My computer is: currently broken and being fixed by Paul :).
21. The school I go to is: small.
20. Last person I got mad at: was Brooke last night when she was trying to tell me the ending of Top Chef. I hate spoilers.
19. The all-time best movie is: Of all time? Probably Shawshank.
18. The all-time best thing in the world is: Language.
17. The all-time best smell: Lilac.
16. Your current theme song: Whatever the shuffle on my ipod picks..I don't feel like thinking.
15. The most annoying person you know is: trying on ball gowns and planning a wedding.
14. I lose respect for people who: cheat.
13. The movies I have cried at are: Beaches and Hardball. Probably a lot more too..I'm a sap.
12. Closest friend name: Aimee.
11. Favorite web site: lala.com
10. I want to be: living in a house with Sierra and Vee. Fer-real.
9. The worst pain I was ever in was?: Dislocating my knee..3 times. Breaking my finger. Cracking my ribs..hmm..yeah..I can't choose the worst. Probably my ribs.
8. My favorite word is: I don't think I have a favorite. I have a least favorite.
7. My room is: shared at the moment and I hate it. I hate that I'm 23 and have to share a room.
6. My favorite celebrity is: Maggie Gyllenhal.
5. My weakness is: Country music.
4. What I like about the opposite sex: Dark hair, a sense of style (even if it's the tiniest bit) and a sense of humor. Bonus points if they have tattoos.
3. Who has broken your heart: Does it matter?
2. One thing that makes you feel great is: The sun.
1. You filled out 101 questions because?: I am wondering the same thing at this point.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
"Brace yourselves, girls. Soda is liquid Satan. It is the devil. It is garbage. There is nothing in soda that should be put into your body. For starters, soda's high levels of phosphorous can increase calcium loss from the body, as can its sodium and caffeine....And the last time we checked, sugar, found in soda by the boatload, does not make you skinny! Now don't go patting yourself on the back if you drink diet soda. That stuff is even worse. Aspartame...has been blamed for a slew of scary maladies, like arthritis, birth defects, fibromyalgia, Alzheimer's, lupus, multiple sclerosis and diabetes. When methyl alcohol, a component of aspartame, enters your body, it turns into formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is toxic and carcinogenic."
Formaldehyde is what you keep dead cats in if you are going to dissect them. It shouldn't be something that you put into your body. Sick. There is a whole specific section of the book that's dedicated to truly explaining how terrible Aspartame is for you..and I'm looking forward to reading it again so that I can pass this info. on to others and get them to stop eating//drinking stuff that has it in it!!!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
I found a strange reoccurring theme between the videos..Jim and Pam.
I can now go to sleep happy.
Monday, September 7, 2009
My favorites...blowing into a Nintendo game...not mentioning something you've read online by stalking someone...Mapquest skipping to #5....
I am moving back to Grand Rapids tomorrow night..and I'm excited.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Sunday, July 12, 2009
My parents have been in Holland the past couple days helping my sister and her family move, so I've had their house to myself. I thought they were just going to be gone for one night, but I'm on my third night in a row by myself. Eating whatever I want has been great..minus the fact that it's involved take out quite a bit because I've had no energy to cook when I've gotten home from work. I've been able to watch whatever I want. I Hate Valentines Day, which I was super looking forward to watching was TERRIBLE..ohhhmygosh..awful. Unwrapped, Diners Drive-ins and Dives, and The Holiday have all been awesome, as usual. Also, sleeping on the couch and not getting woken up has been super sweet as well.
However, everything was going great...until it stormed last night. Holy crap do I hate storms. I had no idea it was supposed to storm until I got woken up by super loud thunder, and lightning that was so bright, I kept dreaming that I was taking pictures. I'm hoping tonight the weather doesn't decide to screw me over so that I can get a little bit of sleep.
I've slept on the couch because a) I love it, and b) I've decided that I need to be able to hear if someone is breaking into the house. This whole sudden panic about weird noises and intruders makes me feel like living on my own isn't going to be in my future anytime soon.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Would you still work with me if I smelled like a skunk? Probably not. I would hate myself all day.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
--Make a ton of money at the Brown Bear.
--Teach myself how to cook.
So tonight my parents and I went up to Ludington to go grocery shopping because there isn't a whole ton of food in this house that I can eat. I'm so excited to start making some of the recipes that I've found online and in a couple different vegetarian cookbooks that I have.
While we were at the store, we had a tonnnn of cans to return. My job was to return the glass beer bottles. I discovered something semi-interesting. The brown beer bottles are dropped into the bottom of the machine, making a terrible glass breaking sound as they hit the bottom. The prestine, clear beer bottles are carefully sent out of the machine and lined up onto a table, and are ushered off into what I can only imagine to be "clear beer bottle mansions."
This really has no point besides the fact that I wondered if the brown bottles ever feel discriminated against, and maybe they want to have brown beer bottle mansions of their own.
I'll never know this.
Because they're beer bottles.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I've been lacking all motivation to do anything.
No studying, no note making, no nothing but taking dayquil/nyquil and watching a whole bunch of movies.
In the past 2 days, I've watched:
Pretty Woman (hated it)
Now and Then (always a favorite)
Step Brothers (took 2 days to watch because I fell asleep..loved it)
The Prestige (always loved it)
Billy Elliott (love the music)
Eagle Eye (I could go either way)
I feel like there's more, but I'm tired. I took Nyquil at 10ish..so I'm definitely ready for bed.
Here's some food for thought...
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I am currently too tired to put any effort into this...however...
I will be reenacting my vacation to Arizona that I took my Freshman year spring break this coming spring break!
I am beyond excited. Watch out Arizona, I'm coming for you.