Tuesday, November 3, 2009

She wonders without knowing, where did we begin?

I recently came across my copy of Skinny Bitch that I was almost religiously attached to a couple years ago. I started reading it again last night, and I can't remember why I stopped following the advice of this book.

"Brace yourselves, girls. Soda is liquid Satan. It is the devil. It is garbage. There is nothing in soda that should be put into your body. For starters, soda's high levels of phosphorous can increase calcium loss from the body, as can its sodium and caffeine....And the last time we checked, sugar, found in soda by the boatload, does not make you skinny! Now don't go patting yourself on the back if you drink diet soda. That stuff is even worse. Aspartame...has been blamed for a slew of scary maladies, like arthritis, birth defects, fibromyalgia, Alzheimer's, lupus, multiple sclerosis and diabetes. When methyl alcohol, a component of aspartame, enters your body, it turns into formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is toxic and carcinogenic."

Formaldehyde is what you keep dead cats in if you are going to dissect them. It shouldn't be something that you put into your body. Sick. There is a whole specific section of the book that's dedicated to truly explaining how terrible Aspartame is for you..and I'm looking forward to reading it again so that I can pass this info. on to others and get them to stop eating//drinking stuff that has it in it!!!

No comments: