Monday, January 25, 2010

When push comes to shove you taste what you're made of...

Something hit me while I was sitting in class today...I'm done with undergrad TOMORROW!!! I've obviously known this day was coming and I've been looking forward to it for a long time..like 4 1/2 years long time. 4 1/2 years. Holy crap that's a long time.

In the past 4 1/2 years I've:

  • Lived in 4 different houses, 4 different apartments, and 5 different cities.
  • Visited 2 different countries and entirely too many states to count.
  • Lost an aunt, cousin, and 2 friends. However, I've been blessed with 2 handsome nephews and 1 beautiful niece.
  • Have worked at: Cenzo's Grocery Store, Colby's Designer Outlet, American Eagle, Brown Bear, Comfort Inn, The Muskegon Y, and the Brown Bear again. Talk about sticking to one place...
  • Have had 3 different cameras, 3 different ipods, 5 different phones, and only one computer that is hanging on by a thread (and has been for almost 4 1/2 years now..haha).
  • Gotten into a car accident and paid entirely too much money to have my car fixed..only for my brother in law to smash it with a plow truck 2 years later..it's fixed again..for now.
So what lies ahead of me in the next 4 1/2 years...grad school for 2 of those years, and who knows for the other 2 1/2. I'd like to say I'm excited. I guess I am..but I am so nervous. So so nervous. I never thought I'd be nervous about the future..but here I am..not sleeping..just sitting here..thinking about what I'm going to do after tomorrow.

No comments: